A double chin, also known as submental fat, is a common condition that occurs when a layer of fat forms below your chin. A double chin is often associated with weight gain, but you don’t have to be overweight to have one. Genetics or looser skin resulting from aging may also cause a double chin.
Eating right and being physically active are a few examples of good habits that can help your body stay fit and young. But this is also true for our facial muscles which tend to lose their firmness as we age.
Double chin exercises can help you tone the muscles of your face and jaw, firm skin along the jaw line and get rid of excess fat to diminish your double chin. While losing weight can often go a long way towards helping to eliminate a double chin, not all people who have a double chin are overweight; sometimes, double chins are genetic.
Here are 5 simple exercises to get rid of a double chin rapidly.
1. The Neck Roll
The neck roll not only tones and stretches the muscles of your jaw, throat, and neck, but also releases tension from your shoulders and can ease neck and shoulder pain. Follow these steps to perform the neck roll as a double-chin exercise:
• Stand or sit with an erect spine.
• While inhaling, gently turn your head to one side until your chin touches your shoulder. You should be looking to one side.
• While exhaling, slowly roll your head down until your chin is resting on your chest. Remember to keep your spine erect and your shoulders squared.
• While inhaling, gently lift your head back up until your chin touches the other shoulder. You should be looking to the other side.
Repeat the full neck roll 5 to 10 times.
2. Chin Lifts
It helps in working and stretching most of the facial muscles, including the jaw, throat, and neck. But make sure not to use any other facial muscle other than the lips while doing this exercise.
To perform this chin exercise:
• Begin by tilting your head towards the ceiling, keeping your eyes fixed towards it.
• Make your lips tight, as if trying to kiss the ceiling.
• Hold it till a count of 5 seconds and relax.
Repeat it 10 to 20 times at a stretch.
3. The Jaw Release
The jaw release exercise tones and stretch the muscles of your face. Perform the jaw release exercise as follows:
• Sit or stand with an erect spine.
• Inhale deeply through the nose; exhale slowly, while humming with your lips pressed tightly together. While you are inhaling and exhaling, move your jaw as if you were chewing.
• When you finish your exhale, open your mouth up as wide as you can. Inhale, and exhale from your open mouth with an audible "ahh" sound. Rest the tip of your tongue gently against the backs of your lower teeth to help the jaw relax.
Repeat both steps of this exercise 5 to 10 times.
4. Platysma Exercise
The platysma is the big muscle that runs from your jawline to your shoulder. Exercising it helps keep your chin and throat firm. To strengthen and tone the platysma, follow these steps.
• Sit or stand with an erect spine.
• Pull your lips back against your teeth, and turn the corners of your mouth downward.
• Open your mouth slightly, and activate the muscles of your jaw. Keep your lips pressed firmly against your teeth and the corners of your mouth turned down. The tendons on your neck should stand out.
• Wiggle your lower jaw up and down 5 to 10 times.
Repeat this exercise 5 to 10 times to tone your platysma.
5. Blowing Air Exercise
This helps in working almost all the facial and neck muscles and is one of the effective face exercises to reduce double chin and get rid of chubby cheeks. It targets the cheeks, jaws and neck muscles and tones them to provide a natural face lift to give a leaner appearance.
• Sit on a chair with your spine straight.
• Tilt your head back as much as you can so that you face the ceiling.
• Pucker your lips and blow out air from your mouth. Continue for 5 to 10 seconds and relax.
Repeat it 15 to 20 times at a stretch for best results.
A double is naturally occurring especially when a person gains some weight, but it can cause for a person to lose self-confidence when talking with other people. There are a number of exercises to help you get rid of those unwanted double chins. In his post, I shared with you 5 simple exercises to get rid of a double chin rapidly.
Comments will be approved before showing up.